Week 1: Sketching concepts and scoping projects
Week 2: Selecting tools and coding prototypes
Colonialism & the web in general.
- Ivan Illich, Silence is a Commons
- Nabil Hassein, Against Black Inclusion in Facial Recognition
- Nabil Hassein, Computing, climate change, and all our relationships
- Ramsey Nasser, Unplain Text
Week 3: Developing projects and reconsidering decisions
Do users exist? Should things be interactive?
- Pirijan Keth, Why Software is Slow and Shitty
- Silvio Lorusso, The User Condition
- Gabe Ferreira, A Proposal For Immersive Video
Week 4: Building out projects
Material, aesthetics & genre.
- Olia Lialina, Vernacular Web Part 1, Part 2, Part 3
- New strategies—Printmaking as a spatial process, as a transmissional process, and as a spatial-transmissional process
- Stop trying to make the web look 'beautiful' – I've forgotten it already
- Laurel Schwulst, My website is a shifting house next to a river of knowledge. What could yours be?
- Our Aesthetic Categories: An Interview With Sianne Ngai
Week 5: Polish